Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wine....

Well, I have finished another one of my wine books, and have gotten lots of useful information.
Although mostly general, it is educational as well. I have compiled a small inventory of wine that I am going to continue to expand and taste. I keep notes of the wines I have tasted, mostly from here at home, but a few from where I have gone to dinner. I will work on getting them but on here or at least doing some kind of a small wine review from myself and may be a link to the list of what I have an what I enjoy drinking.
Since I am a red wine drinking, that is the area of interest that I have.
Cabernet Sauvignon... spicy, herb, tannics, with a blackcurrant sent or flavor.
Merlots...more of a plummy aroma
Pinot Noirs... much lighter with a perfume aroma, more elegant
I have tried a fair number of different cabernet's and have literally found a huge difference in flavor, aroma, and overall characteristics. I really never noticed it to much until I started try more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment